This is indeed the problem- there's a steep uphill involved in even partly liberating oneself, especially if there's no tangible motivation to do so and/or if computing is not a skill one has.

As for the capitalist-controlled government, I think we *do* need that. It'd be a pity for the hundreds of years of experience the aristocracy have in making the plebians' lives miserable to be confined to day-to-day operation. Why shouldn't the law help with that? By the way, I've been practicing the salute- am I doing it right: