I own a galaxy s2 with replicant.
My demands are quite low, but still, to be completely honest, i wished for a bit more modern device... It's a pain to look up directions, typing is not a lot of fun and among all the kids with their latest iphones, you sure look like a dinosaur.
Nevertheless, it works and does the job quite well.
The battery is still fine, i can make calls, write sms, communicate with my girlfriend via telegram and listen to music.

I don't have any experience with the galaxy s3, but maybe it would be a good alternative?