You don't need GUI for this. Actually GUIs in my experience are terrible with it.

Insert the fat32 formatted USB stick in your laptop and open the terminal and follow this:

lsblk

look up and not the name assigned to your usb stick. sba is usally your hard drive, it will be either sdb or sdc. For the arguments, or better yet, example's sake, say your stick is sdb. For the same reason say your Trisquel ISO is in ~/Downloads/

To write the ISO on your stick all you need is one single command, one that has never ever failed me on any hardware and with any ISO:

sudo dd if=~/Downloads/Trisquel_ISO.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M ; sync