It sounds like until the Pyra is released my options are the PocketChip and the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WiFi-only version.

The PocketChip's CHIP OS is apparently based on Debian. If like Debian it is "optionally free" but not FSF-free I am fine with that, but since freedom appears not to be an explicit goal for the creators of the CHIP I'm not sure that this is the case. Does anyone have any information on this?

The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is a little large but is probably just small enough for a mobile device. What are the disadvantages of Replicant 4.2 compared to 6.0? Since I only plan to use the device for JMP and a couple other things I don't necessarily need the latest versions of applications, so my concerns would be about security holes or major bugs.