I remember enjoying these types of threads here in the past.

I discovered this particularly useful, powerful, and lightning fast duplicate finder (and more) recently, so I thought I'd share:

*rmlint*

 DESCRIPTION
       rmlint finds space waste and other broken things on your filesystem.

       Types of waste include:

       · Duplicate files and directories.

       · Nonstripped Binaries (Binaries with debug symbols).

       · Broken links.

       · Empty files and directories.

       · Files with broken user or group id.

rmlint will not delete any files. It does however produce executable output (for example a shell script) to help you delete the files if you want to.

Gentle guide to rmlint:
http://rmlint.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorial.html

Do you have other gems? Please share :)