I only ran the last Beta version live without installing and it was a little while ago, but here's what I remember:

(1) I liked the default MATE configuration better than Trisquel's, primarily because it had a search bar, making it easier to find the things I wanted to change.
(2) The default theme and icons were lovely.
(3) install-guix.sh (or whatever it was called) did not work. I know that isn't helpful feedback without the specific error message, but I've forgotten what it was. (4) It would be amazing if Guix were pre-installed and fully configured out-of-the-box. I'd probably start using Uruk as my main OS.