Pessimism is not realism and realism is: people, most of them, don't care and the trend is certainly not going to stop or slow down, it will actually explode more. I agree with the point expressed in the book "The transparent society" - surveillance is here to stay. Whether the peasants will have any control and restriction over it is a matter of speculation, or not, if you count the current situation... We already have 0 control over it. I really think the only thing you can do is teach others by example using the only real power you have left: rejection. Keep not buying and keep not using: there is very little action more powerful than that you can do **legally**.