Nah, I thought your joke was funny and it got (at least) me seeing the humour in potentially unpleasant situations elsewhere. It definitely worked.

Sometimes people who are still learning English come up with insights that native speakers didn't see. It's a weird language.

I am glad that you are here.

Quantum is going on my T8 install as soon as I get a spare moment and then I might actually have something to contribute to this thread. ;)

Surf has also been recommended as a possible non-mozilla based browser. I like Dillo for it's "idiot-resistant" features but I can't remember the last time I've gotten anything from their mailing list and I've never configured it for anything more practical than looking around without java.

W3m is also new to me and I love it for when a more old fashioned text browser like Lynx or Links isn't enough and a GUI browser is just going to give you a headache.

There are negative reports about Quantum elsewhere that I don't need to repeat, but it sounds like the positives outweigh them, it's just going to take a bit of elbow grease to get things set up.

Thank you so much!