Allright! cool tip! :)

I can't remember changing the default browser, but I have indeed installed all of the available browser and tried them out because of various reasons. But I wiped my hard disk once again and freshly installed Trisquel Mini once again because strange things started to happen. So now I am back to basics anyway. And I guess Midori is set at default, which uses duckduckgo.com.

So I think I'll try to istall it once again.

When I enter package manager and search for Synapse, I get both "synapse" and "synapse-dbg". Do I need to install both of them and what do they represent? I see this phenomena often when I search for applications using the package manager.