Parabola, Trisquel, Uruk, Hyperbola refuses to load iwlwifi firmware, sure to be Linux-libre kernel. Devuan auto lodas iwlwifi firmware but also installs the system with iwlwifi, sure to be nonfree Linux kernel. However, Debian asks to install iwlwifi firmware packages and due to this needs to enable the nonfree pools, and I have surely refused, but I'm totally unsure Debian uses Linux-libre kernel or nonfree Linux kernel. As you have told us Debian doesn't Linux-libre, I was mostly misled before, and I remember that one of the misleaders was at this forum before.