Since switching to the mailing list from the forum I've begun to notice that
each experience results in missing content that I now realize has been the
cause of miscommunications for me in the past. I have heard that the forum is
being reworked, so I thought I would document the discrepancies I'm aware of
here. Maybe people who have been using the mailing list longer than I have can
contribute more.

Content visiable in the mailing list but not the forum:
- anything enclosed in angle brackets. This is presumably because it is
interpreted as html, but people frequently enclose links in angle brackets, and
users of the forum do not see these links.
- email addresses. Email addresses appear in the forum as 'name at domain'. I'm
not sure why this is.

Content visable in the forum but not the mailing list:
- usernames: I've gotten to know people to know by their usernames and now need
to relearn who they are by their email addresses. This is not such a problem,
but people frequently will refer to each other by their usernames ('See
[username]'s comment'). If I'd only ever used the mailing list I wouldn't know
what they're talking about.
- edits: Obviously an email can't be edited once sent, but having it resent in
its edited form would be preferable to not receiving the new information at all.
- quotes. In the forum quoted text is in italics. I neither expect nor want
html in emails, but it would be nice if some remnant of quote tags were
included so that it is clear who is saying what.