> I have very little to add except for a caution: if you are a
> minor and maybe even if you aren't, please do not email pictures
> of yourself to Facebook addicts.

You are right of course. Sadly, this did not even occur to me, because for
myself and for everyone I know it is far too late to prevent Facebook from
collecting our complete facial biometrics. Even if I had not been
peer-pressured into joining Facebook as a teenager and spent several years
addicted, many photos of me have been uploaded to Facebook without my consent
and remain there even now that I have deleted my account. Even the people I
know who have never used Facebook have had many photos of themselves uploaded
with their names attached. They and I can try to avoid situations in which
Facebook's facial recognition software can be used against us, but there is
nothing we can do at this point to erase their profiles of us.

I don't know if it is even possible now to protect a child from being profiled
by Facebook until they are old enough to protect themselves, but if you do you
will have given your child a choice, which is a great gift and something I
never felt that I had.