@jxself I do not agree with you and don' t think your solution is a solution that is practical. The first thing is, that it is in my opinion a mistake to assume that only proprietary software can contain malicious code. You can also say disconnect your machine from the internet and you are safe. The second thing is, that most sites in the internet are not useable without JavaScript. There may be people for whom it is enough to to use just the few sites that work without js or have open code. But even if there is open source software you have to review the code every time before you execute it to be sure that it does no bad things.