The new wallpaper is growing on me, but as an experiment I tried to make it feel a little more congruent with the icon theme. I took the original (flidas.jpg) and the color gradient of the home folder icon (blue.png) and decomposed both images into LAB components. I then recomposed the lightness component of flidas.png with the color components of blue.png (flidas-blue.png). Screenshot as wallpaper (screenshot.png) is attached. I don't know how to take a screenshot from lightdm, but I think it looks better as a background there too.