Hi,

I decided to change my user's password, I did it, and now I cannot remember it. Home directory is encrypted, but I keep the passphrase.

I am searching for a solution in the Ubuntu universe but I just find cumbersome workarounds. I find ways to recover files, but not a way to let everything as it was (names, permissions, location, etc.).

I would like to know every step to restore my encrypted home so that everything ends up as it is now.

Any help or guide suggestion is very welcome!

PD. Please let me know if Trisquel has any difference from Ubuntu I should take into account.