There was a long thread here a while back in which someone used tcpdump to test
many browsers for automatic connections. As I recall, all Firefox derivatives
they tested, including Waterfox, made some automatic connections without user
knowledge. At the time, I tested Abrowser and found the same thing. Shortly
afterward, additional privacy features (the ones you see when you open a new
tab) were added to Abrowser. I tested Abrowser again after the new features
were added and found if you accept the default settings it does not make any
automatic connections. Assuming nothing has changed with other browsers since
then, Abrowser is the only Firefox derivative that does not by default make
connections without user knowledge.