> UEFI crap is handcuffs for any user, it really doesn't protect user
> from anything, it just f**k it up. And Windows 10 is the worst
> Windows for far. Windows 10 it is an adware, and virus inside, also
> you can get easily infected by third patry malware. And remember,
> using Windows 10 you are working as betatester for Microsoft.

You're preaching to the choir.

> Worst option: try to downgrade the Windows version, if you really
> need Microsoft's crap

I have found guides on reverting to Windows 7 from 10 or 8 if the PC had 7
installed previously. However, Secure Boot is a problem for PCs that came with
10 or 8 installed. Ironically, it seems that in this case Windows 7 cannot be
installed without first disabling Secure Boot[1], so this isn't a solution.

> better option: remove Microsoft OS (way better), and learn to use
> Wine if you really need to use some Windows program

Typically I would do this by booting into a live Trisquel USB, wiping the disc
and installing Trisquel, but this is exactly what Secure Boot is preventing me
from doing, so this is not a solution either unless (1) it is possible to
uninstall Windows completely without disabling Secure Boot and (2) doing so
will disable Secure Boot. I can't find confirmation of either. Even if it can
work, this is not ideal for users who would prefer to temporarily leave their
Windows system intact while they get used to their new system.

> best option: computer with Coreboot or Libreboot, if you really
> need the powerful optiond, buy some Ivy or Sandy based notebook or
> board listed on Coreboot compatible list, but remember Sandy and
> Ivy bridge work only with non-free software which is Intel's ME. If
> you don't need powerful computer, Librebooted computer is the most
> libre and way better option. With Libreboot computer you will run
> your hardware without Intel's ME. Also with Coreboor or Libreboot
> you avoid the crappiest crap which is UEFI.

I think you have misunderstood my question. I'm running Trisquel on a
librebooted X60 and have no desire to touch Windows. My goal is to be able to
help others migrate from Windows to GNU/Linux. Not all of them will have the
money or willingess to purchase a new computer, in which case I cannot help
them install GNU/Linux if Secure Boot is enabled. This is why I would like to
know how to disable Secure Boot.

[1]
http://www.blogtechtips.com/2015/04/29/how-to-downgrade-to-windows-7-from-windows-8-1disable-secure-boot/