> By the way, Videos is a great way to search and view YouTube videos
> without proprietary JavaScript.  My only gripe is that it fetches
> videos in MP4 format instead of WebM, so it won't work on stock Fedora.

I haven't tried this, but if totem uses youtube-dl/avideo as its backend for
accessing youtube, you could try creating ~/.config/youtube-dl.conf containing
this line:

--prefer-free-formats

so that if a WebM is available (it often is) it will use that instead of
defaulting to MP4. If totem doesn't use youtube-dl/avideo, you could try
youtube-viewer, which does.

https://github.com/trizen/youtube-viewer