Trisquel has never supported other architectures even if those offered freer computers, such as the Lemote Yeelong MIPS laptop (which was supported by gNewSense). This might have been partially due to Ubuntu focusing on x86 releases compared to Debian.

I understand the logic regarding the need to leave the x86 architecture. However, a non-rolling libre distribution should first and foremost provide timely releases with up to date software/libraries. Trisquel has suffered greatly from postponed releases which has led to users migrating to other libre distributions such as Parabola and Hyperbola (or simply using other distributions with minimal amount of non-free packages). I think this should be the primary concern of Trisquel before it considers adding support for other architectures which most users will not use until computers using those architectures are sold in their local computer shops.