I'll bump this thread to ask about something.

I faced the same problem on one of my laptops which I haven't been using for a while. But I installed the same Trisquel from the same iso in a virtual machine and it automatically had a good sources.list file. So:

1. Is the proper mirror resolvation performed when the system is being installed? How does it detect the proper mirrors on its own? 2. How was an ordinary person supposed to figure out the links have changed without making a thread? Was there a message I missed or something like that? Please, keep in mind I was lucky enough to face this on a laptop for casual use, but if this was a server or a workstation where I needed to install software ASAP it would be much, much worse.