Yes, my drive is encrypted. Grub console asks for decryption key before anything can be done with it. Trisquel 8 Grub has no password set, contrary to Trisquel 7.

However, MBanana's admonishment has already been echoed in the link I provided.

"Grub allows you to password protect its config and console, as well as individual operating system entries. Please note that this will not stop dedicated individuals, especially the ones that know what they are doing. But I assume you know that. Lets get started."