Thank you both, Magic B and jxself! I didn't just take heed the first time, because I "thought" points I mentioned lead to "other"solutions. Now that you have both commented, I just remembered seeing some Warning info about some "SIS" hardware or driver NOT being detected during the install process. My motherboard is 760GX-M, and under "Chipset" it says:
-SOS760GX (NB) & SIS964 (SB)
& Under "Graphics" the User Guide says:
-Built-in 32-bit bit floating point format VLIW triangle setup engine
-Built-in 1T pipelined 128-bit BITBLT graphics engine
-Built-in high quality 3D engine
-Supports up to 4 textures.

I've had older kernels in Debian deal with this same system (comp & monitor) well in the past. Yesterday I updated via Trisquels recommended site. SO, in view of my new, and previous info... DO either or both of you recommend another approach to resolving the problem? i'm somewhere in the "intermediate" range as far as IT knowledge & experience... but I just can't remember a bunch of "commands", so as much as possible have to work with menus.

IF Triquel's default Settings will have saved a log file with that installation Warning?____: 1.if I can find & copy relevant portions, would that help you (either) identify the resolution problem? 2. IF either of you are OK with helping me further, what info could I provide that is most likely to be useful? 3. I don't know what "Ispci" is, or where to find it. I'll Search web for "ispci" in mean time... see if I can figure out more for myself Thank YOU BOTH, very much! Your prompt replies remind me of previous helpful feedback in this Forum afew years ago, when I used earlier ver of Trisquel.