The wndr3800 as sold by Netgear already has a free bootloader (uboot) and they provide source code. This can also be replaced by uboot_mod, but freedom-wise this is unnecessary, though it may unlock more features. I'm currently waiting on a large shipment of these routers, and I will be re-flashing the bootloader on all of them.

However, Netgear sells these routers with a non-free operating system. Minifree replaces that operating system with libreCMC, which is FSF-endorsed. These routers are then sold with libreCMC.