kerda...@disroot.org wrote:
I am currently using Trisquel 7. Whenever I try to do an =apt update= I am getting this error:

W: Failed to fetch https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/dists/belenos/stable/binary-amd64/Packages  HttpError404

That URL is currently returning a 404 error (this resource is not found on the server). Hence you're told:

E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

kerda...@disroot.org wrote:
Does anyone know what would cause this error?

I think you need to contact the administrators of download.docker.com to learn why you're getting this error. It would be good for you to know if you have the correct URL or if this is a temporary service outage.

But you have options.

- Wait and see if the following command:

wget --spider --server-response 'https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/dists/belenos/stable/binary-amd64/Packages'

returns something other than a 404 error. If and when that happens, try updating again.

- Perhaps there is a mirror of this repository somewhere else you could use instead of the copy at download.docker.com? If so, consider substituting that mirror for the mirror at download.docker.com.

- Do you really need that repository at all to do the updating? Consider commenting out that repository (which is the same as removing that repository but making it easy to restore that repository if needed) and see if the rest of the update proceeds as needed.