I agree Trisquel can indeed be used as a DAW. However, in my experience I have
experienced many jarring issues with Ardour and JACK inparticular which causes
me great frustration. In Ubuntu Studio their configuration works much much
better and is very reliable.

If there is anything you want backported into the next Trisquel 9 release,
please make a list and speak. Maybe even join in on the Freedom Friday meeting
to add to the discussion. I plan to add my 2 cents during this weeks meeting,
as well as help with testing the next release.