The problematic version of NetworkManager was removed from flidas-backports. My proposal remains: [A] post on the main page could explain how to get a wired connection (informing the IP address of any DNS server in the Network Setting) and how to downgrade the problematic packages ('sudo apt install network-manager=1.2.6-0ubuntu0.16.04.3 wpasupplicant=2.4-0ubuntu6.6').

I wonder how many users have been stucked for weeks with no Internet connection and have not either discovered the solution on this forum... or ditched Trisquel. Probably not many...