I searched for "xscreensaver" and got packages named xscreensaver-data and xscreensaver-gl (and their -extra versions, respectively). Which should I use, GL or non-GL one? I currently use Trisquel 8 and Debian testing/sid, both with MATE desktop environment.

There is also a package named xscreensaver-screensaver-bsod that includes "blue screen of death" (BSOD) from Losedows as well as other operating systems. It depends on xscreensaver-data-extra, which in turn depends on xscreensaver-data. Anyone tried it on Trisquel?