Would it be a good idea to have an interactive prompt from the package manager?

I'm thinking perhaps a few different types:

* One might start appearing, say, 30 days before it becomes end-of-life. With each new version during that time there would be a message with an "OK" button. Is that a good amount of time? * The very last kernel version would say it has reached end-of-life and is no longer supported.

But: This depends on people applying updates timely; I've heard of some that don't. If they don't apply updates within that 30 day window they'd miss it. And, once an version has reached end-of-life I usually remove it after a week or 2 to keep the APT repository small, so people could miss the last version entirely if they don't update before I remove it. Also, you can tell the package manager to now show interactive prompts.

Thoughts? Ideas?