> Removed libkabc4 ran commands which now says libofx6:amd64 is missing final newline

I have found some threads online where people experienced this issue. In some cases there was only one corrupted package and removing [thepackage].list was enough. In other cases many packages were corrupted, like your situation, and the issue was fixed by fixing or removing all of them, often by automating with a script. Here[1] is such a case. Unfortunately, I have not found any cases where it was discovered why/how this happened.

In [1], the files were otherwise valid, and just for some reason missing a final newline character. In at least one other case I found, the file(s) were binary garbage. Try opening `/var/lib/dpkg/info/libofx6` and see what it looks like. If it is a list of filepaths then it is possible that the script in [1] and reinstalling the packages whose *list files you've already removed will fix the issue.

> I may just need to reinstall Trisquel, fortunately I have backups.

It is good that to know that this is at least an option. I don't really understand what the problem is or how these files have become invalid, so I wouldn't be comfortable recommending the script if reinstalling weren't an option as a backup plan. See what `/var/lib/dpkg/info/libofx6` looks like before deciding what to do.

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39664885/dpkgunrecoverable-fatal-error-files-list-file-for-package-java-common-is-mis