From to the link you posted:

"The patch arrived in OpenSMTPD 6.6.2 (6.6.2p1 if you are using the so-called Portable source code intended for use on operating systems other that OpenBSD itself)."

In Trisquel 8.0 LTS Fildas, the latest version is 5.7.3p2-1 amd64, according to my apt search. If this is what you are using then I would be extraordinarily concerned, just as you say.

In this case, you can either wait for it to be updated for Fildas or do it yourself if you have the ability (I don't myself, but maybe you can find someone who can help you in this forum).

Otherwise, I would suggest installing the Guix package manager (as it already has OpenSMTPD 6.6.2p1: https://guix.gnu.org/packages/opensmtpd-6.6.2p1/) and then use the guix pack utility to create a binary tarball that includes all dependencies built in, or it can make a docker image for you...either of which you can use on your current system (https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-pack.html#Invoking-guix-pack). For full disclosure, I've never done this before and only know it is an option that should work according to the Guix guys, but honestly, I don't know that this would be any faster than just compiling the new version yourself and making a package for it that will work with apt.

Another thought is to just add a ppa to apt that already has it and install it from there...although I don't know that the dependencies would be the same.

Whichever way you decide to handle it, I would shut down that mail server immediately if it accepts random emails from the internet. You aren't likely to be able to easily recover from any new outgoing spam activity if you already have a history of it.

Best of luck,
Platoxia