Thanks for your reply! For my understanding, what are nMaps? Why do you consider this nuisance as a security feature?

Also with me, not data is lost but sometimes it's really inconvenient when the wifi breaks in the middle of an online booking or the like.

For the record: I'm using Trisquel Flidas on a ThinkPad L540 and the "Indicator Applet Complete 1.12.1", too. My connection indicator, however, is of dishonest character and has always shown the questionable habit of lying a lot, and in my face! (Eg, when the connection breaks down, the indicator applet still shows a good connection. That's also why I suspect it might be a software issue.)

Hoping for further help here!