jaret remarked:
> I believe you are referencing to a new line character, ...

Not just _any_ new line character: A combination of the new line character
on the end of one row, plus the phrase at the beginning of the following row.

Removing the new line characters willy-nilly will leave a one-row file with
all 750,000 lines all concatenated together ... I've done that inadvertently.

What I did do was to divide those 750,000 rows into twenty 50,000 row files
and then apply search & replace in Leafpad, which took a couple of minutes
for each file. It took longer to subdivide the original file by hand ...

George Langford