Some more progress:

What with all the gracious and informed help of Magic Banana, the extent of multi-addressed PTR records is becoming ever clearer. I collected all the PTR records from the never-looked-up IPv6 addresses which I found for January 2020, that had two or more addresses resolving to the same PTR. Then I applied these randomization techniques to the upper level fields of those IPv6 addresses, truncated thusly:

field01:field02::/32, field01:field02:field03::/48, field01:field02:field03:field04::/64, or sometimes field01:field02::0000/112 or even field01:field02::field07:0000/112, and then adjusting the parameters of the randomization scripts to process a number of similar scripts as a batch so as to limit the number of IPv6 addresses to be resolved to about 10 million and the address file to less than 150MB.

The end result: All of the multi-addressed PTR records this evaluated had more than a thousand additional addresses in the same CIDR blocks as those ones recorded for their IPv6 addresses, with some extending to
a million or more addresses, all for the same-named PTR record.

The next step in this procedure is to bring together the many additional singly addressed PTR records in the published recent visitor data so as to to find out which among them has been similarly obfuscated.

One CIDR block which appeared to be essentially _all_ one PTR name last week was shut off and unavailable over the weekend, back in service on Monday, and further populated on Wednesday, indicating that it is being used dynamically to obfuscate sensitive payloads stored behind that unresolvably recorded PTR.

George Langford

P.S. You can do this analysis at home without setting foot outdoors. There are other months from which to choose, extending back into ancient history, before the 2016 U.S. election, or even to the present, i.e.,
though March 2020.