Thanks magic Banana, you've been a great help all over this forum.

jais@asus-trisquel:~$ apt search default-jre
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
default-jre/flidas 2:1.8-56ubuntu2 amd64
  Standard Java or Java compatible Runtime

default-jre-headless/flidas 2:1.8-56ubuntu2 amd64
  Standard Java or Java compatible Runtime (headless)

I ran this, with these results. Do these results mean it is installed, or it is just available for installation?

And hopefully you can enlighten me on a point that I keep coming across. When people say install, what does this nomenclature signify? is the standard command for this "sudo apt install", and do I have to run installations as sudo?