On 02.05.20 12:00, trisquel-users-requ...@listas.trisquel.info wrote:
> Beko:
>  > I know Mullvad requires a newer kernel than what Trisquel ships by default.
>
> In that case, perhaps it will work better on Etiona (Trisquel 9)? You could
> try installing a dual boot of Etiona on your X60 and see how that works for
> you.

Well, if one is about setting up a system anyway, then switching to
Trisquel 9 might be a good idea. If you have a system and don't
necessarily want to upgrade the OS, then I do not recommend this approach.

I remember I also was in this situation, but fortunately Mullvad offers
OpenVPN configs for download, so the kernel will not be an issue at all.
You just install OpenVPN in a modern version and use the OpenVPN config
with it, instead of trying to run the Mullvad client. This is also
probably more aligned with Trisquel and free software ideas, unless
Mullvad client is free software as well.

As written in that other e-mail, you can install OpenVPN through Guix
fairly easily, once Guix package manager is installed. Correct me if I
am wrong, but I think Guix package manager has free software exclusively
(?).