> You can setup a swap partition at least the size of your RAM, to hibernate
I did. Around x1.5 of my Ram to be sure. More is useless.

> Keeping unpartitioned space on the disk does not make much sense.
It's a quite big SSD card (around 450 Go) if we consider 32 GB is enough for most system. It increase the speed of the system. I did prefer a big home with a 2Go HD because I store a lot of things as I use a lot graphics like photos and videos (I use Scribus and my printable folders can be big). SSD drives are worst when you write and read all the time like I do. It is great for laptops as you move with them even switched on.

I sometimes use Ubuntu for upgraded softwares with extra features and hardware that haven't already got free drivers. I had to use Jitsi which only works with Chromium. I need Ubuntu in some occasions.

But I this allows me to test other OS. This is why I have a lot free space.

On your second paragraph about other os, this is was I was talking about previously, but you told it better than me.