I learned if anything is changed other than cookie and SSL settings inside about:config it will trigger not allowing accessing or changing any other Preferences TAB. And give that warning!

It is a hard lesson to learn, they are intent on winning the "Backdoor War".

As I used to spend 5 mins disabling all the Telemetry Google Firefox telemetry. They contact an unimaginable amount of various "Resources" to collect data.

If any of it is touched it now acts like a breach of contract browser.

Best way to learn is to use Tor Browser and play with settings as even reinstalling abrowser does not work. Using a new Tor Browser bundle is much easier to play with.

You have to go into Synaptic and remove it than go to Package and Force Version to a lower version of abrowser to re-install for it to clean up the about:config settings.