Dear Aarre

3. Re: Possible error in the original TROM manual (Leo Faulhaber)

> >>   1. Re: Possible error in the original TROM manual (Aarre Peltomaa)
> >>   2. Re: Possible error in the original TROM manual (Leo Faulhaber)
> >>

> >  Dear Aarre
> >
> > Thanks for your answer.
> >
> > I'm only on Level 2, but that doesn't hinder me from detecting illogics.
> > (totally correct)
> >
> > I agree: If something should be known then one also wants it to make
> known,
> > at least to oneself or to a certain degree.(right)
> >
> > I agree: Either they should all be with 'made', or all be without it.
> >

> >  (Hey, live dangerously, why don't you put 'made' on all 4 knowing
> > postulates and make it 'symetrical and consistant' in the translation?)

Symmetrical is good as long as it is also logical. Actually the symmetry is
as follows (in abbreviated form):

1. Make known (SD) and know (PD active voice) or be known (PD passive voice)
2. Make not-known (SD) and not-know (PD active voice) or be not-known (PD
passive voice)
3. Know (SD) and make known (PD active voice) or be made known (PD passive
voice)
4. Not-know (SD) and make not-known (PD active voice) or be made not-known
(PD passive voice)

> > I agree: If the word "made" is correct, then it could be just a matter of
> > importance.
> >
> > However I tend to believe that the word "made" is not correct. The
> > left part of the statement is the SD postulate and the right part is the
> PD
> > postulate, which is formulated in passive voice. ( congratulations;  you
> are
> > one of the few people who intimitdates me on grammar.  I better study
> this,
> > and watch my 'p's and 'q's.  Whew !  Did I make any mistakes? )  (I'm
> going
> > to study this above-mentioned point further.  I was German in my past
> life
> > too, and am kind of exacting. )

No intention here to intimidate you. Alright, let me know your findings.

> > I agree: One could apply "Evaluation of importances". However importances
> > are relative. So for most of the readers of TROM it probably has only
> very
> > little importance. For me, as I'm working on a translation, it has quite
> > some importance. And the illogic also worked somehow like a misunderstood
> > for me.
> >

> >  ( how important is it that the translation be perfect the first time out
> > ?  One idea that I had is that you just translate the thing as verbatum
> as
> > you can the first time, and then, when you get up the levels more highly
> > yourself, then re-evalutate the data for an edited 2nd edition with
> slight
> > corrections;  my gut feeling is that just getting the data to our German
> > speaking friends as soon as possible is more important than perfection.
> > think the least perfect thing is to not get the data to them as soon as
> > possbile.  Perhaps in the editorial notes, you can apologize in advance,
> and
> > recognize the outpoints;  They will forgive you any transgressions.  I'm
> > 99.999999% sure of that.  If I'm wrong, come and kick my butt personally;
> > invite you.  I understand that Scientology is having some problems with
> the
> > German government, so the public may be ready for an alternative that
> > doesn't have the 'bad name' of Scientology.  Maybe they are really ready?
> )

It has quite some importance. There are a couple of existing German
translations. Some are quite good, others are quite faulty. Yes, maybe I'll
change some of my viewpoints later on. I'm really glad that you think that
people will forgive me for any transgressions. Most of the German speaking
people are German but there are also Swiss and Austrian people.

> > It does have no influence on the processes/exercises, as the chart uses a
> > slightly different wording and lists only the SD postulates.
> >
> > Best wishes
> >
> > Leo Faulhaber

Best wishes

Leo Faulhaber