the exercises wont run without RI . When one goes null run the other until
no more change and so on. You use them together every time. They are linked
like two sides of a coin so to speak

Here's the quote from the games manual

*Bluntly, these exercises will not work in the absence of RI (Level One is
the only exception to this, but as Level One is almost entirely perceptual
RI the rule still applies). In the absence of RI the exercises will very
soon grind to a shuddering and rather painful halt. *

*When in doubt - run RI. Whenever you run creative RI in session always run
both commands to no further change. Do not leave it while it is still
producing change. The second command is just as important as the first. Do
not leave either while they are still producing change. The exercise will
‘run down’ your stock of importances; use RI to repair it. Thus, although RI
is run to no further change, just the doing of the exercise will make it
produce changes once more. Early on your tolerance of loss of importance is
very slight, so RI will have to be run frequently; later your tolerance
increases enormously, and you have a much wider latitude in these things.
However, never will you be entirely free of the necessity to run RI as an
adjunct to the exercises until you’ve got to the very end of Level Five and
achieved Nirvana.*

--
Have a nice day  *:  ) *