excellent question , Its a jr goal of the goal to not know. :  )  excellent
question

doubt  (dout)
*v.* *doubt·ed*, *doubt·ing*, *doubts*
*v.**tr.*
*1. * To be undecided or skeptical about: began to doubt some accepted
doctrines.
*2. * To tend to disbelieve; distrust: doubts politicians when they make
sweeping statements.
*3. * To regard as unlikely: I doubt that we'll arrive on time.
*4. * *Archaic* To suspect; fear.
*v.**intr.*
To be undecided or skeptical.
*n.*
*1. * A lack of certainty that often leads to irresolution. See Synonyms at
uncertainty <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/uncertainty>.
*2. * A lack of trust.
*3. * A point about which one is uncertain or skeptical: reassured me by
answering my doubts.
*4. * The condition of being unsettled or unresolved: an outcome still in
doubt.
*Idioms: *
*beyond**/without* *doubt*
Without question; certainly; definitely.
*no doubt*
*1. * Certainly.
*2. * Probably.
------------------------------
[Middle English douten, from Old French douter, from Latin dubitre, *to
waver*; see dwo- in Indo-European roots.]
------------------------------
*doubter** n.*
*Usage Note: * *Doubt* and *doubtful* may be followed by clauses introduced
by *that, whether,* or *if.* The choice among these three is partly guided
by the intended meaning of the sentence but is not cast in stone.
*Whether*normally introduces an indirect question and is therefore the
traditional
choice when the subject is in a state of genuine uncertainty about
alternative possibilities: *Sue has studied so much philosophy this year
that she has begun to doubt whether she exists.* Similarly, when
*doubtful*indicates uncertainty,
*whether* is probably the correct choice: *At one time it was doubtful
whether the company could recover from its financial difficulties, but the
bank loan has helped.* On the other hand, *that* is the choice when one
uses *doubt* as an understated way of expressing disbelief: *I doubt that
we have seen the last of that problem,* meaning "I think we haven't seen
the last of that problem." *That* is also the usual choice when the truth
of the clause following *doubt* is assumed, as in negative sentences and
questions. Thus *I never doubted for a minute that I would be
rescued*implies "I was certain that I would be rescued." By the same
token,
*Do you doubt that you will be paid?* seems to pose a rhetorical question
("Surely you believe that you will be paid"), whereas *Do you doubt whether
you will be paid?* may express a genuine request for information and might
be followed by *because if you do, you should make the client post a
bond.*In other cases, however, this distinction between
*whether* and *that* is not always observed. *If* may also be used as a
substitute for *whether* but is more informal in tone. · In informal speech
the clause following *doubt* is sometimes introduced with *but: I don't
doubt but* (or *but what*) *he will come.* Although modern critics
sometimes object to its use in formal writing, reputable precedent exists
for this construction, as Richard Steele's remark *"I do not doubt but
England is at present as polite a Nation as any in the World."* See Usage
Notes at but <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/but>,
if<http://www.thefreedictionary.com/if>
.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2009.
Published by Houghton
Mifflin Company <http://www.eref-trade.hmco.com/>. All rights reserved.
------------------------------
doubt [daʊt]
*n*
*1.* uncertainty about the truth, fact, or existence of something (esp in
the phrases *in doubt, without doubt, beyond a shadow of doubt,* etc.)
*2.* *(often plural)* lack of belief in or conviction about something all
his doubts about the project disappeared
*3.* an unresolved difficulty, point, etc.
*4.* (Philosophy) *Philosophy* the methodical device, esp in the philosophy
of Descartes, of identifying certain knowledge as the residue after
rejecting any proposition which might, however improbably, be false
*5.* *Obsolete* fear
*give (someone) the benefit of the doubt* to presume (someone suspected of
guilt) innocent; judge leniently
*no doubt* almost certainly
*vb*
*1.* *(tr; may take a clause as object)* to be inclined to disbelieve I
doubt we are late
*2.* *(tr)* to distrust or be suspicious of he doubted their motives
*3.* *(intr)* to feel uncertainty or be undecided
*4.* *(tr; may take a clause as object)* *Scot* to be inclined to believe
*5.* *(tr)* *Archaic* to fear
*I wouldn't doubt (someone)* *Irish* I would expect nothing else from
(someone)
[from Old French *douter,* from Latin *dubitāre*]
*doubtable*  *adj*
*doubtably*  *adv*
*doubter*  *n*
*doubtingly*  *adv*