For those of you who don't know
him, Dennis Stephens was an old timer in Scientology. he started his
first coaudit with book 1 in 1950.
In 1979 he published The Resolution of Mind, a Games Manual.
From 1992 to 1994 he dictated his
research notes on the TROM material to cassette tapes. these tapes were
never published. I found the tapes in 2002 and transcribed them early in 2012
and just finished editing them for publication as 5 books on the
basic research which became TROM.
the titles are

01 Bond Breaking
02 Insanity Point
03 Philosophy and levels 2, 3 and 5 of TROM
04 Expanding on Level 5
05 The Game Strategy
These books are in the public domain and can be downloaded from
www.tromhelp.com/books

The following is a chapter from 05 The Game Strategy:
"Back in the 1950’s in London there used to be a game us
auditors played and it’s based upon a very, very old game on the time track.
Very, very early in this universe there’s a game called the
“Surprise Game”. You see, a being goes up to another being and says, “Look
now,” he says’ “imagine this box here.” And, “Yes,” says the other being and he
imagines a box. “Just imagine,” he says, “when you open the lid of this box and
look inside you will get a surprise. Just agree that that will be so.” And the
other being says, “Alright. I agree that when I open up the box and look inside
I will get a surprise.”
Then the first being says to him, “Ok, now go ahead and open
the box and look inside.” So he opens the lid of the box that he’s just mocked
up. Opens it and looks inside and, of course, gets a surprise. See?
“What a marvelous game,” you see, surprise game. And we used
to play this game in London. Ron Hubbard introduced the game there. He told us
it was an early track game and many of us checked it out and found it is so.
You can find it, you can find this game on anyone’s timetrack, right very, very
early on. Very early universe this game is, the surprise game.
I used to play this game with all the other auditors. We
used to play on each other and get other people to play this game and get our
preclears to play this game.
I noticed something quite interesting about this game, that
people who couldn’t make the game work were heavy cases. In other words, if a
person could make this game work, you could try this game on them and they
could open the box and get a surprise they were pretty easy running
preclears.  They weren’t in any great
case difficulties. But when you got someone to explain the thing to them and
got them to do it and they opened the box up and never got a surprise, then
this was a difficult case. But we never figured out why this was so.
It was so, and other auditors spoke to me about it and they
checked it out, too, and they found that all the people that could make this
game work were easy running preclears. And all those who couldn’t make the game
work were rather heavy cases.
And there the matter sort of rested.  I couldn’t figure out why it was. Must be
something to do with games, you know, must be something to do with this game of
surprise and there the matter was dropped. And so forth.
It was only many, many years later when I was researching in
the area of TROM that I began to put all these bits together, on the subject of
surprise, and so forth, and tied it up with various other things and could
understand why when a person can play this game their a pretty easy running
PC.  When they can’t play this game, they
never get the surprise when they open the box up, they’re a rather difficult
case.
Surprise and Not Know
Well now, before we proceed we would have to go ahead and
know a little bit more about this subject of a surprise.
Well before you can be surprised in this universe, before
you can have a surprise you have to be willing to “not know” something. Now
that is absolutely fundamental to this game.
If you are willing to “not know” something you can always
get a surprise. Now almost anyone can do this, but a person who is in pretty
good case shape and has good control over their “to know” postulates and their
“to not know” postulates can actually do this most markedly and that is they
can always make their life most surprising by upping their willingness to “not
know”, by just increasing their willingness to “not know” or put it another way
to decrease their willingness to know. See?
And if you do this, increase your willingness to “not know,”
you’ll find that life becomes a constant series of surprises.
If on the other hand you increase your willingness to
“know,” which amounts to decreasing your willingness to “not know,” all the
surprises go out of your life. See?
And you can juggle these two postulates, “to know” and “to
not know”, balance them up so that you can get just the right amount of
surprise in your life that makes life interesting for you. It’s simply a matter
of balancing the willingness to know against the willingness to not know and
getting it to the level which gives you just the right amount of surprise that
you think is just right for you. You see?
It’s entirely a matter of juggling those postulates
“willingness to know” and the “willingness to not know.” Alright?"

Dennis Stephens, 05 The Game Strategy