Colleen,
Thanks very much;  Don't forget to listen to that IP lecture on TIPM again.
We can create MEST by putting up the 4 postulates in equilibrium of
complementary and opposing,  but that sounds like a hard go at this
gradient,  doesn't it.  That seems like too much quality and not
enough quantity in my opinion.  Isn't it way too much work  at our
level ?
Aarre