Hello, Pete,

Thank you for further explaining your viewpoint about the importance of to
be known.

For myself, it still brings up the question of what was the postulate
before we created "not-selfs"?
I refer to the surprise game before we created that other terminal.   I
wanted to know a surprise, right?
I don't see myself necessarily wanting that object of surprise to know me.
  To be known seems more reflexive at that stage.
At that stage, who is it I am really knowing and being known by?   So, even
in the absence of others, to know and to be known seem intertwined.  I
can't see the emphasis of must be known coming before must know, although
the phrase, "know thyself" comes to mind.

Perhaps a logic formula?

If you go all the way back to you forming that postulate set, what problem
were you trying to solve, if I may ask that question.
What was going on with you before you formed that postulate matrix?   This
question may not be valid and may be misleading.

colleen