At 23:17 06-09-2014, Pete Mclaughlin wrote:
While Dennis does mention the CDEI in the books he does not mention the emotional tone scale.  The emotional tone scale was developed by LRH to guide pre-E-meter auditors in assessing the PC's progress in an incident. TROM does not need that or an e-meter to guide the solo auditor through an incident.

I understood that the Tone scale was observed by Ron (and others) in running engrams in early Dianetics. It appears in its earliest version in Dianetics: Modern Science of Mental Health. It may seem "nit-picking" but I do not think it was "developed" - it stood out like a sore thumb while you ran an engram. (see the book)
All best wishes,

Ant