I guess we just go in different crowds.  Repentance has always been preached everywhere I have been, but NOT grace.

I think you have an idealistic view of the church goer.  I have known many
church goers to get drunk and to commit fornication and adultery.  Not only
among themselves, but even many pastors who have committed adultery.  The
church goers are not as you portray them.  Generally speaking, they are
filled with sin and iniquity because they have been taught that God forgives
them and accepts them just the way they are.  The message of repentance is
foreign to them.   The message that they need to save themselves from this
wicked generation is foreign, which is one reason why public preaching can
draw such large crowds.  It presents an aspect of the gospel that is foreign
to them.