David Miller wrote:

> Glenn wrote:
> > Judas and the cross are the same thing?
>
> DAVEH:
> > Nope........but they both contributed to the end
> > result.  Yet one is revered, and the other despised.
>
> Dave, a huge difference is that the cross represents Christ's love.

DAVEH:  To me it seems to represent his death at the hands of those who were his
enemies.

>  Jesus
> laid down his life voluntarily, and thereby brought salvation to all those
> who would believe.

DAVEH:  Agreed......THAT (his death, resurrection and atoning sacrifice) represent his
love for us.  The way he died is not relevant to his love for us, is it?

>  Judas, on the other hand, was a traitor and represents
> the Antichrist spirit which seeks to destroy Christ.
>
> Yes, we revere the cross, which is a calling we must all walk

DAVEH:  You are obviously not suggesting we should/will all be crucified on a cross.
So why revere it?  Sorry DavidM.....I just fail to understand why you would revere it,
and some even worship it.  It just seems to me that the cross is more an idol to
many Christians.

--
Dave Hansen