Gary wrote:
> TT records indicate that both DavidM and Marlin
> perceive that Adolph Hitler is (a) Christian (but this
> is a false perception acc to posted public
> records/sound WW2 history)

Oh, come on, Gary.  You are going to deny that Hitler was a Christian?
Really?  What religion do you think Hitler practiced, Judaism?  Islam?  Do
you think he was an atheist?  Certainly not!  None of this would be true.

What posted public records are you talking about?  How literate are you
about Adolf Hitler?  Haven't you read Mein Kampf or Hitler's biography?
>From what basis of knowledge do you speak?

Following are some quotes from Hitler:

"I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so."
( Adolf Hitler, from John Toland, Adolf Hitler, New York: Anchor Publishing,
1992, p. 507. )
-----
"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the
Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the
work of the Lord."  (Mein Kamf, by Adolf Hitler.  1971.  Translated by Ralph
Manheim, Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston)
-----
"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It
points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few
followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to
fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but
as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through
the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized
the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How
terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand
years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the
fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a
Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty
to be a fighter for truth and justice."  ( Adolf Hitler, in a speech
delivered at Munich, April 12, 1922; from Norman H. Baynes, ed., The
Speeches of Adolf Hitler: April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1, New York: Oxford
University Press, 1942, p. 19. )
-----
"And now Staatspräsident Bolz says that Christianity and the Catholic faith
are threatened by us. And to that charge I can answer: In the first place it
is Christians and not international atheists who now stand at the head of
Germany." ( Adolf Hitler, in a speech delivered at Stuttgart, February 15,
1933. )
-----

Gary wrote:
> on one hand, this means that neither DavidM
> nor Marlin wanna 'support' Christianity

As I have told you many times before, my allegiance is to Jesus Christ, not
to the religion of Christianity.  Christianity as a religion has failed on
many occassions, but Jesus Christ and relationship with him never fails.
Religion is man's way of trying to approach God, but Jesus Christ is God's
way of approaching man.  Jesus Christ transcends all religions and is within
all religions.  When you or anyone else limit Jesus Christ to Christianity,
in my opinion you blaspheme the Godhead, making him smaller and less
powerful and less present than he really is.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA