Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: **Possible_Spam** Re: [TruthTalk] Godly diet?

Mixhael D:  It is interesting to see that there have been no posts on the diet question in the last couple days. I am curious to know if it's because the questions were cleared up,  or for some other reason...

 michael douglas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Marlin Halverson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Rather than give in to that old law-breaker, Satan, Jesus obeyed the law that He Himself, in pre-existent form penned with His finger for the children of Israel via Moses.  Jesus' Father via Mary gave His only begotten Son to keep me from perishing for breaking His law, because He loves us so much.  Thus, I believe in Him Who, with sorrow, stripes, and blood, fulfilled the law of sin, to result in my death, in my stead.  Shall I now sin that grace may abound?  God forbid.  I could not treat my Savior with such disrespect for what He plainly tells me is not good for me to do.

EZE 2:8     But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou
            rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that
            I give thee.

But if you want to eat pork, I shall not get in your way.  They say you only live once.  Enjoy. :-)

--Marlin
Michael D: It is amazing that this discussion is taking place at all. I wonder how many times must one quote the same passages, that clearly deal with the issue of the law, over and over again.
For the record, Paul said in Rom. 14:2.   For one believeth that he may eat all things: another who is weak eateth herbs.   3.    Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Interestingly, Paul says it's ok to eat anything, yet men put others in bondage today telling them that certain foods are forbidden. These folks know better than Paul.

Listen to Paul:
Rom 14:14.  I know and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Now, Paul said that the Lord Jesus Himself, pursuaded him that there was nothing unclean, in and of itself.  The significance of this statement is astonishing...  Paul was a Pharisee of Pharisees. He said that he was blameless concerning the righteousness of the law (Phil 3). He persecuted the church to defend the way of the law. Like with Peter's claim when confronted with the sheet, Paul would not have eaten anything unclean.   But he says in Romans 14:14 that he was pursuaded by the Lord Jesus, Himself, that there was nothing unclean of itself, a similar message to that received by Peter, who also had to be pursuaded by the Lord. Only, that in this case, Paul removes any doubt to the inclusion of the eating of meats in reference to the revelation Peter received. In fact, Paul tells Timothy that to forbid the eating of meats is a doctrine of the devil, why... bec ause God created them to be received  with thanksgiving.
I Tim. 4:
1.  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;  3.   Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.   4.   For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:  5. For it is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer.

Now, those who promote this prohibition of eating various meats, not only know better than Paul what God wants, they know better than Jesus who convinced Paul otherwise. They know better than the Holy Spirit who instructed Paul as to the demonic source of this prohibition. They also know better than the Father, Son and Holy Ghost who created meats to be eaten. So much for meats being inherently unclean.
Remember, Paul said that The Lord Jesus, Himself, persuaded him that there in nothing unclean of itself (inherently unclean).
I do hope that this settles it once for all, and that the scriptures will be the final authority here.