Dear TruthTalk members:

I want to make it perfectly clear that TruthTalk is NOT a Christian
list.  TruthTalk is a list for talking about Truth, and we welcome
people here of all religions as well as those with no religion.  We have
only one rule on TruthTalk, and that is that there should be no ad
hominem attacks.  The reason for this rule is not because ad hominem
arguments are sinful, but rather because in this kind of forum, they
simply hinder fruitful discussion rather than help it.

Glenn has been violating the TruthTalk rule recently in numerous ways.
For example, Glenn wrote the following:

----------------
JESUS DOES AND HE CONDEMNED TO AN EVERLASTING HELL FIRE THE PHARISEES.
I LIKE JESUS, SAY TO YOU, "YOU ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL".

I REBUKE YOU IN THE NAME OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST AND THROUGH THE POWER
OF HIS SHED BLOOD ON CALVARY FOR ATTACKING JACK VAN IMPE.  Of course
this is typical of people who's father is the Devil.  You're the only
person who is right.

JEHOVAH IS NOT THE NAME OF GOD???????????????????
GO TO HELL QUIETLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------

In another post yesterday, he wrote:

------------
YOU ARE SICK!  YOU ARE OF YOUR FATHER THE DEVIL.
------------

In another post yesterday, Glenn wrote:
------------
You are sick too Izzy.
------------

Please refrain from making personal attacks on this list.  If you
disagree with someone, put some effort toward explaining the basis of
your disagreement, or simply remain quiet.  If you don't agree with the
list concept of allowing people with divergent views to discuss their
perception of Truth from whatever paradigm or worldview they desire,
then you are free to leave the list or lurk only.  You will not change
what TruthTalk is about by being belligerent toward other list members.
If you want a Christian list, or a Protestant list, where only views are
allowed that come from the Protestant perspective, then you may start
your own list at http://groups.yahoo.com or you may search their many
lists to find one that suits you.  I searched on the word "Protestant"
on this site and found that 165 email lists matched this search
criteria.  Glenn, surely one of them might suit your desire for a
discussion forum where only orthodox Protestant views are allowed.

If you feel that some kind of personal rebuke is in order, please try to
convey that rebuke in a way that will foster communication.  For
example, instead of simply saying, "YOU ARE SICK!" try saying, "It seems
to me that you are sick, because ..."  The idea of this forum is not to
satisfy your desire to inflict pain or humility upon another person, but
to communicate the rationale behind the viewpoints you hold.  Expect
your thinking to be challenged in return.

I realize that we are living in wartime and that the hearts of many are
being stirred.  The U.S. and other countries are bombing Iraq.  People
are in the streets of the U.S. and other countries protesting the war
with methods designed to stop the normal activity of business.  A shift
in world powers is at hand and the Antichrist spirit is being ushered in
for the last days, as it is written:

2Th 2:6  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in
his time.
2Th 2:7  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now
letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall
consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the
brightness of his coming:

Therefore, I understand the change in behavior of many people, but if
TruthTalk will continue, we need to understand and comply with its
stated goals.  Not only does this list welcome those who are not
Protestant and the expression of views that are not Protestant, we
welcome the expression of non-Christian views and even Anti-Christ
views.  TruthTalk is not a Christian list or a Christian propaganda
machine or a club of any sort.  It is a list where people who think
differently can express what they think and why they think what they
think, that others might examine their views, challenge these views, and
study further on the subjects being raised.  If you want filtered and
censored views that will only express Truth and no falsehood at all,
then TruthTalk is not the kind of list that you should be part of.
TruthTalk is non-sectarian and open to anyone who wishes to express what
they perceive to be truth, as long as they do not attack other list
members with personal insults that hinder dialogue.

Please consider this reminder of our list guidelines and if necessary,
modify your behavior appropriately to abide by the no ad hominem
argument rule.  Thank you.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.