Hey, I like real wine as much as the next person—and I don’t personally know any “authorities”.  LOL! Sounds like disobedience to me, too. But I guess whether or not one stays sober is up to each one’s relationship with the Holy Spirit, rather than the authority’s confidence in the Holy Spirit. J (Or maybe they are just being cheap—wine costs more than Welch’s.) Izzy

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Terry Clifton
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 7:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Indianapolis police jail street preachers for saying t he name of Jesus Christ

And who decided to ignore God's way so that they could substitute man's way?  Do they not have any confidence in the ability or power of the Holy spirit to keep a Christian sober?  Is it possible that this act, disguised as policy, is really defiance?  Would you ask the authorities for me?  It would be most interesting to hear them defend their actions.

Terry

) And not all churches substitute grape juice for wine, I think. But mostly it is done to prevent alcoholics from falling off the wagon, I’m told. I’m not sure anyone has a doctrine to do this; just a policy. Izzy

<<image001.gif>>